»

October 27, 2004

Player Blogs

After StatsGuy alerted me to this interesting diary posting (NOTE: pdf) by John Armstrong on the Whaler's recent Eastern road trip, I thought I would Google to see what other player blogs I could find out there.

Not much. In fact, no player blogs at all. I know that the 67s had rookie thoughts/dairies up last year. Let's check their site. Yep - Rookie Reflections under the E-Junior fanclub. Looks like old posts from Bickell, Akeson, and Talbot (who are definitely not rookies).

I did find reporter blogs. The Score reporters' web blogs. According to Tony Ambrogio, he loves junior hockey, so I will have to keep an eye on his blog to see what he has to say.

Apparently Sportsnet also has reporter blogs, but I have such a difficult time accessing their site (with the regional map intro and the cookie requirement it's just not worth it).

I did find this blog post during my quick search, with some interesting ideas for the NHL to consider. I know that during the World Cup, Doug Weight was semi-regularly blogging about team USA (old link here). I admit that it was interesting to read his comments on what was happening.

Although I could see it becoming tedious for them - ahem - as you can see from my previous posting . . . The Tediousness Of Blogging . . .

No comments: