»

December 06, 2004

Notes On Yesterday's Game

From SLAM! Sports: 67's take care of St. Mike's. Hulit on his OT game winning goal:

"I was thinking shoot the whole way. I decided to put the puck on net and good things happen I guess," said Hulit, who also had an assist and now has four points in three games for the 67's.

The same copy is also in The Toronto Sun, with this headline: Major OT letdown for St. Michael's.

And also on the NHL site with this headline: Chris Hulit scores in overtime to give Ottawa a 4-3 win over St. Mike's.

Hulit has certainly made a name for himself this past w/e.

And from The Ottawa Sun, Dave Gross has this article: Hulit's a winner when it counts. Some interesting snippets:

"I was just thinking, shoot the whole way, and I put the puck on net," offered Hulit with a grin outside the 67's dressing room at the Corel Centre.

* * *

"Hopefully I've impressed a few people here," he said.

* * *

Kilrea said Talbot, Todd and Hulit was his top unit all weekend long.

"There's no doubt they were our best. They were probably our best Friday and Saturday and today," said Kilrea whose team grabbed four of a possible six points. "They're going to get better because they're going to work (and stay) together."

The line collected nine points in the three games. Hulit had a pair of goals and two assists.

"He plays both ends of the rink and he doesn't get himself trapped. When he gets the puck he's looking for Talbot and I just think it's a great fit," said Kilrea.

Hulit's definitely impressed me. I think that this line will only get stronger as they have more time to learn about each other's strengths etc. I'm hoping that Lawrance and Reid return to the defence, healthy and soon. For next Friday's game, Ottawa will host Oshawa and Tsimikalis. I hope that he gets a warm welcome from the fans. I know I'll be cheering for him.

No comments: