»

September 09, 2009

The New Jerseys are Here

As you may or may not have known, the new Reebok jerseys were unveiled today. You can see them here

I have heard from one fan who is very unhappy with the home jersey. He thinks that, while change is good, sometimes tradition should be respected and for him that means leaving the barberpoles alone.

He may have a point. In their 2009 OHL rankings, The Hockey News ranked the 67s jersey as number one noting that the "Traditional striping is a classic". This was posted two days before today's unveiling. If you head over to the voting page, the 67s jersey is running second (to London at the time of this posting).

As I scroll through the new jerseys, I wonder if the league placed certain design restrictions on the teams. None of the jerseys show the amount of striping that the (now) old 67s jersey had. Perhaps the team didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

Follow the discussions across the league at The Noof. It seems there were (are) many fans of the old barberpole.

Me? I like the jerseys. These are jerseys I can cheer for.

I wonder if they are wearing their new jerseys tonight. Old or new jerseys, I hope they have a good game.

Update: The team didn't have a choice in the matter. See this article from today's Ottawa Citizen.

No comments: