»

December 03, 2004

More On Hulit

Article in The Ottawa Sun by Barre Campbell today, 67's salute General. Highlights:

The 19-year-old winger, acquired in a trade yesterday from the East Division-rival Oshawa Generals for disgruntled forward Tsimikalis, missed on a penalty shot against Danny Battochio when the Generals visited the Civic Centre last Friday. "I'm sure the guys will be on me about that one -- pretty quickly," said Hulit.

* * *

"Scoring goals, the finesse stuff. That's my game," said Hulit, a fourth-year OHL veteran who welcomed the trade from the last-place Generals. "I see myself as a second-line player that can be used in different situations -- power plays, penalty killing. I can block shots."

Ottawa's second line is where he'll be when the 67's host the St. Michael's Majors tonight at the Civic Centre.

Hulit will play on the right side of the second line with Brody Todd at left wing and centre Julian Talbot.

* * *

The trade, which also includes the teams swapping their first-round positions at next year's CHL European import draft, brings a conclusion to the Tsimikalis affair in which the popular third-year 67's centre went home to Aurora and demanded a trade following a dispute two weeks ago with Kilrea during a road trip.

* * *

"I spoke with Brian (yesterday) for about 15 minutes. There's no hard feelings, and I'm just glad that we've resolved this," said Tsimikalis who thanked Kilrea and 67's owner Jeff Hunt for trading him to an OHL team close to his home.

"I respect them for that ... They could have traded me anywhere. I thought they were going to send me to the end of the Earth."

No comments: